Historical Gallipoli Peninsula

Historical Gallipoli Peninsula

Gallipoli Peninsula Historical National Park is located in Marmara Region, in the province of Canakkale. In 1973 the National Park was declared. The face measurement is 33,490 hectares. There are 1 village (Eceabat) and 8 villages within the borders of Gallipoli Peninsula Historical National Park.

The Gallipoli Wars is a defensive epic that was won by the Turkish Nation against the most powerful states of the world with the supernatural resistance led by Staff Lieutenant-Colonel Mustafa Kemal. In this war, which lasted for 8.5 months, the two sides of the Bosphorus were turned into hell and there was a loss of half a million lives.

One of the world’s biggest battles between the Allied Powers and the Ottoman Army in the First World War, the memorials and martyrdoms that were made in the memory of hundreds of thousands of lost in the Battle of Gallipoli remind us of the pains of war and reveal one of the great victories of history. The National Park, which includes monuments rising over more than 250,000 Turkish martyrs, and more than 250,000 British, French, Australian and New Zealand soldiers buried, today tells the value of peace to the whole world. There are 56 indigenous monuments and martyrs 35 foreign graves and monuments in the Gallipoli Peninsula Historical National Park.

Every year between 18 March and 24 April, Çanakkale Land and Sea Wars are mentioned with ceremonies.

Çanakkale Martyrs Monument

It is on the Hisarchuk peninsula on the Hisarchuk peninsula. It was built on the memory of those who were martyred in the wars of Çanakkale. It was opened on 19 April 1954 and opened to visitors on 21 August 1960. The reliefs at the feet of the main base were completed in 2002, and in 2004 the ceremony area and symbolic martyrdom were changed. The monument, which was restored in 2005, took its final shape after the construction of a new martyrdom in 2007.

Its height is 41.70 cm. When viewed from a distance, the letter “M şeklinde of Mehmetçi appears. A Turkish flag was mosaic on the ceiling of the monument.

The symbolic martyrdom built on the left side of the entrance of the monastery was built in 1992 and it was built for our martyrs, who gave their lives with their most precious assets by running from every corner of our country to Çanakkale.

On the right hand side of the entrance gate of the martyrdom Mustafa Kemal’s 1934 address to foreign soldiers and the time the Minister of Internal Affairs Sukru Kaya Anzac Day is the words read:

“The mothers who sent their sons from far away land! Relieve your tears. Your sons are in our hearts. They are in peace and sleep peacefully. After they gave their lives in this land, they became our sons.”

Comments

Leave a Reply